September is Hunger Action Month, when the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks unites to urge individuals to take action against hunger in their communities!
The Bridge Building and AT&T Building light the night orange!
One way you can participate in the movement is to Go Orange for hunger relief! Orange is the symbolic color of hunger relief and we are encouraging individuals, charities, businesses and government to Go Orange together to raise awareness for our neighbors struggling with hunger.
Thank you to our partners for Going Orange with us on Thursday, September 14th, National Hunger Action Day™:
- Adventure Science Center’s Sudekum Planetarium Pyramid
- AT&T Building
- The Bridge Building
- Bridgestone Arena
- Davidson County Courthouse
- First Tennessee Park Scoreboard
- Korean War Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Nashville Electric Service
- The Omni Hotel
- The Parthenon
- Tennessee State Capitol
- The Tennessean
Ways YOU can GO ORANGE!
With your family and friends
- Add a pop of orange to your wardrobe with an orange tie, scarf or socks. Get creative and take photos to share with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @2HarvestMidTN pages using #HungerActionTN.
- Encourage your church, school, book club and other organizations to participate.
- Purchase orange light bulbs to turn your front porch orange.
With your colleagues
- Encourage co-workers to wear orange and take a group photo to share online.
- Ask the manager of your office building to light up the building orange.
- Volunteer with your colleagues at the food bank & take a tour of our facility.
- Post pictures wearing orange using #HungerActionTN.
- Update your Facebook cover picture to orange or donate a status update or tweet to hunger relief!
- Do you have a website or blog? Change the background orange.
- Add a Hunger Action Month/Go Orange note or logo to your email signature.